I really love quiche. Especially the little mini quiches you get at parties and weddings. Aren’t those just the best?
Another food dish I really love? Spinach and artichoke dip. That stuff is addicting. I mean, how can you deny something cheesy, creamy, gooey and delicious? You just can’t.
Most spinach and artichoke dips can be a tinge unhealthy though, so to get my fix I whipped up this spinach and artichoke quiche. This is a much lighter, healthier way to get the spinach and artichoke dip taste without all of the calories.
The best thing? You can eat this for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Hot or cold! So versatile, you’ll want to eat quiche for every meal!
Spinach and Artichoke Quiche
- 3 big handfuls of raw spinach
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- half a can artichokes, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 frozen pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour olive oil into medium sized skillet. Saute onions for 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add spinach to skillet and let wilt, tossing frequently.
4. Add spinach and onion mixture into bottom of pie crust. Then add artichokes.
5. Mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and shredded cheddar in a large bowl.
6. Pour 3/4 of egg mixture into pie crust. Move pie crust to oven and pour the rest of the egg mixture.
7. Cook for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top and egg mixture is cooked all the way through.
Question: Do you like quiche? What are your favorite quiche ingredients?