I’ve confessed my love of chips to you.
For this reason, we don’t have chips in the house. I just can’t control myself.
This doesn’t mean I don’t ever crave that salty, crunchy-ness though.
In fact, I crave it all the time. 9 times out of 10, I will choose something salty over sweet. Chips > cookies, (almost) every time for me.
To combat these cravings for fried potato chips, I dig into a bowl full of roasted chickpeas. Preferably of the salt and vinegar kind.
I suggest making a huge batch of these to snack on throughout the entire week!
Salt N’ Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas
recipe from Oh She Glows
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups white vinegar
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pour vinegar and chickpeas into a small pot. Bring to a boil, then remove off of heat and let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Drain chickpeas and place on aluminum foil. Drizzle chickpeas with olive oil and salt (I mixed with my hands so they got completely covered).
3. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping after 20 minutes.
4. Pop them in your mouth and enjoy!
Question: Have you ever made roasted chickpeas?