Now this was a delicious meal if I’ve ever seen one!
I’ve made turkey burgers a few times before, but always felt like they somewhat lacked in flavor.
Sure, they are a great, healthier alternative to ground beef burgers but with a lot less fat means a lot less flavor.
Luckily, I have figured out a remedy to dry, crumbly turkey burgers…sauteed onion and cheese!
Yes, the sauteed onion and cheese on the inside helps keep this burger moist and flavorful yet still healthy. I can’t wait to make these babies on the grill this summer!
Mozzarella & Goat Cheese Stuffed Turkey Burgers
makes three burgers
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 medium onion, diced and sauteed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ritz crackers, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 oz mozzarella
1. Dice and saute the onion in a medium sized skillet. Once almost done, add in the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Mix together ground turkey, basil, ritz crackers, egg, onion and minced garlic in a large mixing bowl. Mixed until well combined.
3. Divide the turkey mixture into three pieces. Take half of one mixture and form into a patty. Place goat cheese and mozzarella on top of the turkey patty and then form the rest of the ground turkey mixture on top of the cheese. Repeat with the two other burgers.
4. Place burgers in the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Place in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
Question: Do you like turkey burgers?