Happy Valentine’s Day! Ryan and I don’t usually go all out for Valentine’s day. No real reason, just has never been super important to us. We’re making pizza tonight (a day earlier than normal!) and will probably end up watching American Idol. As long as I get to cuddle up on the couch with my two boys tonight I’ll be a happy camper. Anyways…onto the list!
Be still my heart. I seriously cannot WAIT to start using this. Ryan was reading the instruction manual while we were going to bed on Monday night. I know, how cool are we.
2. My good friend Katie (who was a bridesmaid!) has her own Etsy shop making jewelry. She is awesome and you should check out her stuff. She actually made all of the bridesmaids earrings and necklaces which I loved (and they did too!). If you don’t see a style you like, she can do custom orders too. (She didn’t ask me to post this, I just love her and her work and wanted to share with all my blog friends).
3. Listening to a recent This American Life this morning, I started bursting out crying. Like, dangerously close to ugly crying. A woman was discussing how her husband has this disease that makes him essentially age backwards, intellectually. Hearing her and their son (who was in kindergarten at the time) talk about it was so heart wrenching. Note to self: Only listen to This American Life on the way home from work, not on the way to.
4. My office at work desperately needs some lovin’ in the decoration department. Trouble is, I’m terrible at decorating. I just don’t have the eye for it. And I wanted to be an interior designer…ha!
5. I used to hate cashews. They were definitely my least favorite nut. But now? I kind of like them. And am wondering why I never liked them before. Does this ever happen to you?
6. Someone broke our “we aren’t going to get anything for each other pact.”
I suppose I’ll let it slide.
7. I made a makeshift standing desk today at work.
I won’t use this all day, but it will be nice to use every once in a while!
Question: Do you have a juicer? What are you doing for Valentine’s Day? How is your space at work decorated?