Today was jam packed. The work day flew by and before I knew it I was out the door headed to yoga.
I’ve become pretty good friends with a yoga teacher at a local studio/gym and today ended up being a private class with just the two of us. It was strange to be chatting while doing downward dog but it was nice to get personal attention. Apparently, my plank needs some work
After our class we headed to Westmoor Country Club for her Pilates class. We might be working together for a yoga/nutrition class for the club which is super exciting. (P.S. I still have a scholarship available! Up to $1000 off!)
I always forget how hard Pilates is. And how my abs are out of shape. T-minus 2 months until the wedding & honeymoon (aka when I need to be in swimsuit shape).
This evening was close to being somewhat pleasant outside. Almost bearable. Almost.
I ended up getting home around an hour ago and made a quick sandwich of sauteed mushrooms, deli turkey, honey mustard and swiss cheese.
With homemade sweet potato fries and cottage cheese (with pepper!). Sticking with sweet potato wedges next time. These just weren’t the same.
Ryan prepped the sweet potato fries so this meal came together in a jiffy. Thanks to us doing some preparing for the week during our trip home yesterday, we organized who would be cooking what during the week as well as meal planning. Speaking of…
I was talking to a friend last week (hi Amanda!) and she said she would be interested in seeing what our meal plans are for the week. I always love seeing other people’s meal plans and I find that meal planning really keeps me organized, saves me time and money and I genuinely enjoy doing it.
Here are some general rules/tips I live by when I start to meal plan:
- I always look (or at least think) about what we have in the fridge that needs to be used up. I’ll create a meal around anything we have leftover in the fridge that didn’t get used up the week before so waste is minimal.
- Next, I think of what we have in our cupboards & freezer. At least one meal a week is created from something we already have in our freezer and/or cupboard.
- Then I look at what’s on sale at the store that week to compare what coupons we can match to get the best deal. Unfortunately, I don’t always have time to do this but I try to as much as I can.
- I ask Ryan if there’s anything in particular he wants (typically his response is “I don’t knooow”). If he doesn’t say anything, I go to Pinterest to look at what recipes I’ve recently pinned. Pinterest helps keep me from getting in a food rut because there are always new recipes I want to try!
- Finally, I create my grocery list. I’ve been starting to separate it by sections of the grocery store so I can get in and get out in a short amount of time.
With that…here’s my meal plan for this week!
- Monday: Turkey Sandwiches w/ Sweet Potato Fries & Cottage Cheese
- Tuesday: Turkey Tacos w/ Roasted Broccoli
- Wednesday: Ribs, Corn on the Cob, Kale Chips
- Thursday: Leftovers/eggs
- Friday: Grilled Chicken Fajita Pizza
- Saturday: Not sure yet
A bit boring this week, except for Friday! We are making grilled pizzas a tradition for Fridays and I’m super pumped about this one.
Question: Do you meal plan? Do you have any tips?